Thursday, June 18, 2009

OBSESSION


I often felt that those who obsessed

Were insecure, selfish and insane.


Now I find myself doing the same

Only more pious and profane.


Maybe ‘tis why so many have moved on

Avoiding the commitment I wish to share.


Or maybe there’s a glaring tattoo on my chest

That says “move on, this one BEWARE”.


I have no self-esteem to boast about,

So when someone pays full attention


My obsession kicks into full throttle

As commitment becomes my intention.


They never view the relationship

In the same way that I always do.


They look for friends with benefits,

While I’m looking for someone to woo.


It seems that I am the one who always loses

For they never stick around till the end.


I guess I should be forever happy

They at least wanted to be my friend.


©Regina2009

2 comments:

  1. Be happy my friend,
    And know loyalty to truth has no end,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have deleted virtually all the blogs I once followed.
    I stay here waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete