Thursday, June 11, 2009

A PRINCE DID COME

When I was young I dreamed of fairy tale castles
And a handsome young prince riding up on a steed.


When I matured, I realized those dreams were fantasies
And princes were deceitful men who made my heart bleed.


The thought of beautiful roses gave way to thickets of thorns.
And happiness was an illusive butterfly never to be caught.


No castles, no princes, no happy-ever-afters.
Just hard lessons by a savage life were taught.


As I lay grieving over a life filled with woe
A prince rode up on a fiery red horse.


My heart skipped a beat, wondering was this a mirage
Or had my unhappy life finally changed course.


Not only did I find someone for whom I do care
But someone who became my best friend.


And no matter what transpires the rest of my life,
I know he will be there for me till the end.


©Regina2009

No comments:

Post a Comment