Thursday, June 18, 2009

THE EX-LOVER


Finding love is difficult enough

Without having to deal with an ex-lover.


I built the wall, found the going is tough

I tried very hard my poor heart to cover.


So why is it that the ex-lover does call

And stir up old feelings and new?


Wasn’t it enough that I had to build a wall

With no windows or doors for a view?


I wandered alone in the vastness of time

Awaiting your call forever and a day.


Then suddenly appears the perpetuator of the crime

Attempting once more my heart to sway.


Did you not get it when I told you before

I am done with your inability to mature?


So why are you now knocking on my front door

And trying to confuse a heart once pure?


Please go away, I have found happiness true

So there is no need for you to come calling.


I loved you dearly and sometimes still do,

But your actions were way too appalling.


I wish for you only rainbows and gold

And happiness to always abound.


But I now have someone with whom I can grow old

And true contentment now I have found.


©Regina2009

1 comment:

  1. The promise love makes shall not die and is carried on the rainbow when tears hold the light.

    ReplyDelete