Saturday, June 13, 2009

LOVE BETWEEN FRIENDS

why do i do stupid things when i am around you?
you make me feel sixteen again, full of hope.

yet we are only friends, nothing more, nothing less.
and sometimes this is the hardest thing with which to cope.

i have loved before and lost, leaving me inside my brick prison
surrounding my heart and soul, waiting for eternal death.

your smile, your wit, your numerous talents, all drew me to you.
yet i wait to see if you will accept me before my final breath.

my days are numbered, i am closer to being called home.
yet i still wish to love and be loved before i say goodbye.

so i sit and wait inside this brick tomb i have built
waiting for love to take me in it's arms before i die.

i don't hold you to blame, for i understand your plight.
i just can't help how i feel when i think of you.

you have come so far in rebuilding your life
and i support your dreams and everything you do.

please remember me when you get it all straightened out
and find out you are still young and strong enough to love again

for i will be waiting for you behind that brick wall
hoping once more you will find that love can come to friends.

©Regina2009

1 comment:

  1. Brick by brick the wall is built,
    The air divided sings in waves
    That rise over all and any frontier,
    Within music is the word that saves.

    ReplyDelete