Saturday, November 27, 2010

ODE TO DARRELL

ODE TO DARRELL

As I cleared my Saved Mail cache

I came across your written word

As well as some early photos of you

And suddenly old memories were stirred.


Though our time together was short

You managed to leave your mark upon my heart

You left me wanting more of you

And a relationship that died before its start


We know not why things happen

In the odd ways they seemingly do

But I guess God needed someone special

So He sent his angels for you.


I hope you are at peace at last

Earthly battles far behind

Just know that though our time was short

You remain in my heart and mind.

©Regina2010

Back in December of 2007, I met a gentleman and started seeing him in January of 2008. We didn’t date often, maybe once every two weeks, mostly just out to dinner or with his bowling buddies. It is not known how far the relationship would go, because a mere 5 months after we met, he died while having a routine, but serious test, run at his doctor’s office. The nurse failed to go in and check on him while the test was being done and he went into cardiac arrest. I didn’t know he had passed away until he didn’t show up for a date we had that night. I knew he had gone to the doctor that morning for tests, but never heard from him again. When I opened a local small time newspaper, the first obituary caught my eye………it was Darrell’s. I was devastated. It was a whole year after his death before I was able to date again.

Darrell, may you Rest In Peace.








4 comments:

  1. Hi Regina, I t was so good to see you back writing again. I think of you often, and hope all is going ok for you.
    much Love Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that story, Regina. A deeply tragic story, if I'm honest. RIP Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come to this entry late Regina. I am so sorry for your loss. What an awful way to find out about your friend.
    May he rest in peace.
    I hope you are recovering from the shock now.

    Jeanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Regina. That must have been so difficult, finding out he was gone in that way. I intended to check out this journal a long time ago, but there is so much going on I've not had time...or to be honest, felt much like visiting. I want to thank you for the Christmas card you sent and for your friendship. I treasure it. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete