Thursday, April 2, 2009

ALIVE

I can still feel the touch of your strong hands upon my skin.
My breath quickens as the thought replays in the recesses of my mind.

Sunshine peeks through the parting of the curtain.
It finds you not there, beside me, sleeping.

No morning touch, no morning sigh.
You have gone on, leaving behind your scent.

My hand lightly touches the sheet where you once lay.
It is now cold, nothing more than cotton threads.

I hold my pillow tightly, as you held me that last night.
My room is now void of you…..but your memory ever lingers.

Though I long for your return, I understand why you had to go.
Your life is out there, not here, with me.

There are no strings attached, like a puppet manipulated.
Just a longing for your touch once more, to let me know…….

I AM ALIVE.

©Regina2009

No comments:

Post a Comment