Sunday, January 25, 2009

THE TRAIN




I hear the sound of a train , a truly lonesome sound

The steel wheels squeal on the tracks, nowhere bound


I sometimes wish I could hop that train, going nowhere

And flee my life of hopelessness and endless despair


But as I sit and dream of riding on that train

I realize I am the one who causes all my pain


One cannot escape the reality of this

We can make our life miserable or live in total bliss


It all hinges on the way we see the world each day

If we only see darkness anddoom, despair will come our way


But if we look into the sky and see the brightness of the sun

We have not lost this war called life, to fight we’ve just begun


Some battles will be lost as we walk this mortal land

But at the end of life, we can say we took a stand


Giving up and letting go are the easier paths to take

Either way we choose to go, the choice is ours to make

©Regina2006

1 comment:

  1. In fact, Regina, you make some valid observations there regarding life and its challenges. You do have readers btw.

    ReplyDelete