Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WHAT DO I DO?


When I sit quietly in my room and think of you

I run through a gamut of emotions.


A better friend I could not ask for.

As a lover you set me on fire.


But when I confront my emotions

I become so confused.


You say you cannot commit.

But you evoke such powerful feelings in me.


What am I to do while you decide?

I cannot help what stirs inside me.


I want to voice my feelings, but dare not.

For I know you do not feel the same.


I hear your voice and I feel sixteen again.

But tears and fears o’ertake me in my lonely bed.


I long for your return, for your touch, your kiss.

But more than that I long for your feelings.


Tell me what you feel inside when you are not with me.

Do you think of me? Do you miss me?


How can I have so many feelings for you inside

Yet feel so numb when you are not with me?


I can only live my complacent life day by day

Awaiting once more to see you walk through my door.


©Regina2009

No comments:

Post a Comment