Saturday, November 15, 2008

BLINDED......TO LOVE

i sat for hours, lost in the darkness
while sleep evaded, kept its distance
love was what i sought, but found it not
or so i thought

betrothed to one, loved by another
lost in love's cloudy deceit
while true love lay just before me
waiting for me to open to it

why do we turn a blind eye and deaf ear
why do we not see the truth before us
like a bright shining sun as we cleave to the darkness,
hoping to see yet we do not

but once my soul's eyes were turned
turned away from the light
i found what i had sought all along
waiting for me, praying i would reach out
and see the truth

true love is not always so obvious
sometimes we are meant to be blinded to it
so that when it is found, it is forever

such is this love..............

©Regina2005

4 comments:

  1. Regina,
    Had a look at your poetry, and thinks it could do with some wider airing. Excellent.

    Guido

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Regina,
    I came by way of Guido's Blog and I'm glad I came. I too love poetry and hope to return to read some more of yours.
    Love
    Jeanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed Guido's baton and heard your music. Somewhere in time a nightingale sings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Regina and a Happy New Year too.
    And power to your wonderful poetic 'pen' too.
    love
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete