Saturday, November 15, 2008

HOPELESS

Get This from CyArena.com




Sunset colors, bright, blazing in the west
Another day has gone, have I done my best?

My self esteem has gone and cannot be found
I find myself at day’s end closer ever closer to the ground

I am tired of being a victim, letting life get me down
I want to be able to awaken with a smile, not a frown

Little makes me happy as I sit in my darkened room
And watch the day outside go from glorious to gloom

My spirit used to soar so high and my heart was full of love
Now I have nothing beneath my wings to help me fly above

Why does love have to hurt when one gives their all?
I would not have flown up so high if I had known how far I’d fall

Since my earliest memories of what I’d want my life to be
I have wanted the white picket fence and someone to love only me

My heart has been given to a few along the way
Some of them left me for another, others were just gay

My last true love was the one I had waited for all my life
He professed his love o’er and o’er and asked me to be his wife

Then suddenly he was gone, no word from him as to why
All that is left for me to do now is to crawl away and die

(©Regina2006)

(Thanks to PenLady for sending me the copyright mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment