Sunday, October 19, 2008

MY FINAL RHYME

Wind blows rain against my window
Blurring my view of life outside.

The sky darkens, thunder rolls
And inside these walls I hide.

After the storm’s fury the sun returns
Bringing light once again to others.

But, alas, I sit here inside this tomb
While loneliness my soul smothers.

There was a time when I loved the rain
And would run barefoot in it’s puddles.

Now all I see is wet earth and decay
And the storm my mind befuddles.

Now that I am in my latter years
I look back at my past.

I wonder often what happened in my life
And why my one true love didn’t last.

I could sit for hours wondering why.
I gave up some time ago my will to fight.

So why is it I still continue on
And persist in searching for the light?

I guess it is because I am a child of God
And He wants me to come out of the gray.

I have my loving kitty by my side
To help me through each day.

So she and I, side by side,
Will sit together till it is time

To put down the pen, shut off the computer
And end my final rhyme.

(c by Regina, 8-9-06)

No comments:

Post a Comment